Sunday, March 18, 2012

NTLP's 2012 Library Supporters Conference

"I told you you should have planned to be here," is the way an attendee of NTLP's 2011 Library Supporters Conference told us s/he would describe the event to her colleagues. And now ...
It's BACK by POPULAR DEMAND from Library Supporters and staff who work with them ... thanks to the Center for Community Cooperation & Texas Book Consignments: The 4th annual NTLP Conference for Library Supporters!!!
Bittersweet Challenges, New Opportunities & Half-Full Glasses is set for Saturday, May 5, 2012 (Cinco de Mayo!) at the Center for Community Cooperation (2900 Live Oak Street, Dallas 75204). Sign-in and refreshments open at 9:30 a.m., and the conference runs from 10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Registration fees vary from $50 to $125 per person, with discounts for NTLP Partner libraries as well as advance registration. Training sessions, time for networking with peers, lunch and refreshments are all included.
The event is designed for all library supporters: board members (governing as well as advisory), Friends, foundation members, volunteers, "simply" passionate library users, and library staff who work with supporters. For more information, visit the conference website.
Here are some of the other responses NTLP received from 2011 conference participants:
  • This was my first such conference and I found all of it very informative and helpful.
  • Absolutely another great event!!!
  • I brought back many ideas to present to my friends group with the thought that we can do a few of them.
  • Again, wonderful conference - well worth my time!
  • I thought it was a well organized, informative and entertaining conference. This was my first time to attend the conference so I was quite pleased.
  • Our group learned and enjoyed the day very much. We would attend another meeting of the same kind.
  • Absolutely awesome experience. Benefitted from information/knowledge received as well as having a really great time. Always nice to see and share with library constituents.
  • Very worthwhile conference. Great information. Knowledgeable speakers.
  • This was my first experience. I feel certain that I will return. Enjoyed the day.
  • I thought the conference was well organized.
  • Please have this as often as possible.