North Texas Regional Library System, Inc
Applications will be accepted through August 18, 2009. Please send a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com, or send to:
North Texas Library Partners
Home of the North Texas Regional Library System
6320 Southwest Blvd, Suite 101
Fort Worth, Tx 76109
JOB TITLE: Libraries for Literacy Coordinator Exempt
Salary: $42,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.
POSITION FUNCTION: Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, assumes responsibility of all aspects of the Libraries for Literacy program including overseeing the various programs and services offered through the program.
1. Responsible for designing, developing and providing workshops on literacy.
2. Responsible for designing, developing and providing the online literacy toolkit.
3. Responsible for designing, developing and providing the monthly online brown bag luncheons on literacy.
4. Administers the online literacy tools consortium available through the Libraries for Literacy website.
5. Administers the grant program for online literacy tools consortium.
6. Responsible for the literacy section of ntrls.org and the Libraries for Literacy website.
7. Staff Liaison to the Libraries for Literacy Council
8. Keeps current in literacy instruction theory and methods
9. Assists libraries with literacy endeavors as requested.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: The employee must have a Master’s degree in library science or graduation date within one year from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or equivalent experience. The employee must have some previous exposure to some literacy programs. It is preferred that the employee have direct experience in literacy instruction endeavors.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The employee must have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of liability insurance and have access to a motor vehicle.
COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS: The employee must understand theoretical and practical applications of computer technology and be able to communicate with others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone in an office or with others in meeting rooms. The noise level in these environments is moderate.
Please note that NTRLS received a grant for this position. This grant will expire on 08/31/2010. Sustainability of this position will be based upon the availability of further grant funds being acquired, which will be aggressively pursued in upcoming fiscal year.