Thursday, March 25, 2010

I am at PLA!

I arrived today at PLA and hit the ground running.............and I am proud to say that I have the light rail connections figured out.

I attended a couple sessions and visited several exhibitors - and yes, grabbed some freebies. There seems to be a common thread running tnrough the sessions - survival in tough times. It may also be my imagination but it seems like there are fewer people here - an example of a tough time in library world? One thing I have definitely taken away from the sessions is that it takes the dedication of all of us to keep our libraries relevant and growing. Speakers are building morale and being supportive - truly cheering on all of the hard working staff.

Also discussion of a revolution is prevalent - to dewey or not, support your supporters and tell non-supporters to take a hike, grow civic activities together and so on............

Oh yea, the really important stuff - went to voodoo donuts - the best one I had was the dirty rotten bastard - a concoction of chocolate, peanut butter and I am not even sure what all - yum! Popular local joint as we waited in line for 30 minutes - there is ALWAYS a line apparently.

Hopefully will get more rest and will have a very pruductive day tomorrow.....

No problems.............they seem to say that phrase alot up here.............

No comments:

Post a Comment