Biblionix is offering a $500 travel stipend for attendance at the 2008 conference of The Texas Library Association (TLA) in Dallas April 15-18, 2008. A committee designated by the TLA Small Community Library Round Table (SCLRT) will choose the recipient.
* Library director or staff at a public library
* Member of TLA and SCLRT
The funds may be used to cover the following conference expenses:
* Conference registration
* Pre-conference workshop
* Travel costs
* Meal functions at the conference
* Expenses (meals, cabs, etc.)
* Cost of replacement staff if needed
* Volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours at the conference, at least 2 of which must be at the SCLRT booth
* Attend pre-conferences, workshops and/or sessions such that you attain a minimum of 8 CE credits
* Attend the SCLRT business meeting
* Attend the SCLRT dessert social
* Complete a one-page summary of your experience, discussing highlights of what you did, what was most rewarding, and how this grant process could be improved. Send to the same address as the grant submittal by May 15, 2008.
* Serve on the Biblionix TLA/SCRLT Stipend selection committee in 2009.
* Coverage (including recipient’s name, position, and library) on SCLRT, TLA, Texas Library Systems, and Biblionix communications.
* 02/29/08, 5 p.m. - The application must be received no later than this date/time.
* 03/07/08 - Notification/Announcement of recipient
* 04/01/08 - Stipend check mailed to recipient
The stipend application does not register you for the conference or make any other travel reservations. Attendees should register directly with the TLA, airline, hotel, etc.
For application information, visit http://www.biblionix.com/tla-stipend.pdf .